Whole-Person Treatment of Eating Disorders
It takes a village to raise a child, as the old adage says. Sometimes it takes a village to heal a child. Eating disorder treatment has often been seen through either the medical lens of a physician, or the psychological lens of the therapist, with little coordination between the two. An eating disorder, however, is a complex amalgamation of a variety of factors. Dr. Gregory Jantz discusses why it takes more than a single professional to support recovery from an eating disorder. Eating disorders will be viewed from a multi-causal perspective – looking at how emotional, relational, physical and spiritual factors are involved in both the genesis of the disorder and the path to recovery. The need for an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach will be presented, as well as strategies for long-term recovery from persistent eating disorder behaviors and conditions, including nutritional strategies and the role of spirituality.
- Therapists and Counselors working with Behavioral and Process Addictions
- Behavioral Healthcare Facilities that provide Behavioral and Process Addiction Treatment
- Understand the components of the whole-person approach to treatment and recovery from eating disorders
- Discover whole-person recovery strategies for persistent eating disorder behaviors and conditions
- Learn tools and techniques in the whole-person treatment model that will be most effective for long-term recovery
Book Dr. Jantz
To have Dr. Jantz to speak at your event, please fill out this form with the information about your event, and we will be in contact with you. For more information, contact Beth Chapman at email@example.com or 1-800-492-3910.
Buy the Book!
VOLUME DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
Eating disorders and disordered eating ravage and consume too many lives. In this powerful book for individuals suffering from eating disorders—as well as those wanting to help—Dr. Gregory Jantz comes alongside his readers with a well-tested and successful approach that addresses the emotional, relational, physical, and spiritual dimensions of healing from an eating disorder.LEARN MORE
An eating disorder is a time bomb waiting to go off. Before you can do anything to defuse this bomb, you must first acknowledge its existence. DR. GREGORY JANTZ